Wednesday, April 4, 2012

P90X Extreme Home Fitness - Shoulders and Arms


First off, I love the P90X Shoulders and Arms workout. It is probably one of my favorites. As a woman, having a strong upper body is fantastic: 1) It gives you more of an hourglass figure if you have curvy hips and a smaller waist, and 2) Strong, lean muscles always are sexy (at least in my book).
I’m going to apologize right off the bat on something about the video: I look very serious and dramatic. In short, I don’t look happy. I’ll work on that. I am much happier and am enjoying the workout much more than it appears, so in the future, smiles will be a bit more front and center. Another disclaimer: I’m 5′ – 2″ and 125ish pounds. I’ve always felt that I resemble more of a Labrador than a Greyhound and part of me feels that the video makes me look a little beefy. I may actually look beefy in real life, but I’ve been told that isn’t true. Depending on who you want to believe, I don’t think I’m really as beefy as I may look on the workout video.
Again, remember that the video cuts out the warm up, stretching, intermittent cardio breaks, and the cool down that is part of this workout. Further, the P90X Shoulders and Arms workout repeats and I haven’t shown that either. Here is the P90X Shoulders and Arms workout video for your enjoyment:
I realize I didn’t list out the shoulder exercises and arm exercises last time, so here they are for reference. Again, this workout repeats each group twice:
Group 1
Alternating Shoulder Press
In & Out Bicep Curl
Two-Arm Triceps Kickback
Group 2
Deep Swimmer’s Press
Full Supination Concentration Curl
Chair Dip
Group 3
Upright Row
Static Arm Curl
Flip-Grip Twist Tricpes Kickback
Group 4
Seated Two-Angle Shoulder Fly
Crouching Cohen Curl
Lying-Down Triceps Extension
Group 5
In & Out Straight-Arm Shoulder Fly
Congdon Curl
Side Tri-Rise
What do you think? Do you like what you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment